What are the London Convention Centre Ambassador Awards?
Initiated in 2000, the LCC Ambassador Awards recognize local individuals who are influential in bringing a conference or event to London. Since 2000 the LCC Ambassador Awards have recognized 88 individuals for their fervent support of the LCC and the city of London in bids to attract provincial, national and international conference and events.
The LCC Ambassadors have helped generate significant results for the LCC over our 23 year history. All totaled the LCC, with help from LCC Ambassadors, has welcomed 2.4 million delegates producing a total economic impact of $232 million for the City of London over the past two decades.
AMBASSADOR AWARDS PROGRAM
- To annually recognize and thank individuals who were influential in attracting a major convention to the London Convention Centre
- To encourage others to promote London as a destination
- To increase awareness about the London Convention Centre, particularly among individuals who through their professional activities and involvement within various associations, can attract events to the London Convention Centre to create greater awareness and understanding about the economic impact of conventions and conferences to our community
Local host/contact who influenced the selection of London for the convention or conference held at the London Convention Centre for the first time.
- Economic benefit of 200 delegates or more, multiple day event, convention or conference with hotel guestroom requirements
- Confirmed by association as the appropriate individual to be recognized
- Business Development Managers review files from past year to identify host clients who were instrumental in bringing a convention or conference to London
- Follow-up call to association or appropriate official to confirm
- Selection to be confirmed by London Convention Centre's Board of Directors
- Formal notice/letter from Mayor, London Convention Centre's Chair and General Manager advising ambassador of their selection are forwarded
2016 LCC Ambassador Awards
In 2016 we recognized thirteen outstanding individuals whose passion and commitment to their respective organization brought an increased profile for London, and significant economic impact.
- Grant Hopcroft - Federation of Canadian Municipalities Conference in February 2015.
- John Sheffield - Royal/Royale Conference in May 2015.
- Dr. Aaron Fenster - Imaging Network Ontario Conference in March 2015
- Michelle Baldwin - Canadian Conference on Social Enterprise in April 2015
- Brian Whitelaw and Morgan Calvert - Municipal Information Systems Association Conference in June 2015
- Anne Sutherland - ScotDance Canada Championship Series in July 2015
- Bruce Baker - Association of Ontario Land Surveyors Conference in February 2016
- Jan Richardson - Canadian Alliance to End Homelessness Conference in November 2016
- Heather Reid - Canadian Association of Nephrology Nurses and Technologists Conference in November 2016
- Gordon Mood - Forest City Comicon in October 2015
- Janette MacDonald - Ontario Business Improvement Area Association Conference in April 2016
- Chris Campbell - Canadian Country Music Association Conference and Awards in September 2016